Strategic Planner with experience in business process
engineering and technical solution development, I have led teams in strategic transformation
initiatives and have enabled large domestic and international programs, which
led to tangible progress and measurable results. I have a diverse background characterized by innovative
organizational design and development, market analysis, competitive positioning,
financial performance measures, and facilitated executive decision making.
Known for my strong organizational skills, planning and tracking complex
multi-disciplinary projects, I place a strong focus on keeping the end goal in
Educated in Process Engineering and Chemistry at the University of Rhode Island, I served as a Sr. Consultant specializing in Systems Engineering and Engagement Architecture in IBM’s Global Business Services: Systems Engineering Architecture and Test services practice. Applying process and method expertise supporting complex technology driven systems, I have a proven track record in new business development, transformational initiatives, and mission critical programs. My custom solutions are architected accentuating reusable assets and leveraging creative engagement models delivering timely innovative strategies to meet my client’s objectives.
Skill Keywords: strategic planning, organizational development, systems engineering, big data analysis, report writing, internet strategy / marketing, innovation, design thinking, social design, technological innovation, innovation consulting, design leadership, technology trends, requirements writing, government proposals, technical staff management, engineering economics, organizational structure, research, enterprise solutions, statistics, product development, data analysis, process engineering, quality assurance, cloud computing, program management, architecture, engineering, business intelligence, software development, product management, project planning, project management, enterprise architecture, IT strategy, business strategy, IT service management, team leadership, business analysis, management consulting, agile, consultancy, IT management, enterprise software, software project management, change management, system architecture, team building, security, application development, business management, virtualization
Business sector experience: Financial Sector – Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance; Public Sector – Federal, State and Local Government, Education and Health Care; and Commercial Sector – Telecom, Utilities, and Media and Entertainment
Strategy and Design Solutions, LLC
Founder / Principal Managing Partner
April 2009 –Present
An entrepreneurial startup company, SDS delivers 1) Strategic Planning, 2) Technology Management and 3) Strategic Research services to clients across industries. A woman owned small business.
- · Stanford University – Technology Entrepreneurship Certificate
- · IBM Executive Manager Certification
- · IBM Project Management Curriculum
- · IBM Systems Engineering Certification
- · IBM Consultant Certification
- · University of Rhode Island – Kingston, RI – Bachelor of Science – Resource Development / Chemistry
- · Harvard University – Cambridge, MA
- · Fairfield University – Fairfield, CT
- · Northeastern University – Boston MA
- · Roger Ludlow High School – Fairfield, CT – National Honor Society
- · Languages – English, Modern Greek
INDUSTRIAL PROJECT HISTORY
· Engagement Architect for New Business Development – Specializing in Systems Engineering, Architecture and Test Methodologies I prepared market plans for assigned sectors; Created collaborative communications to integrate pipeline opportunities and relationship management with Partners; Provided pursuit support for client teams; Architected proposal solutions inclusive of engagement design, pricing and presentation delivery; Manufactured reusable marketing assets for use in presentations and proposals; Performed delivery excellence project reviews for both project management and technical engineering. Engagements models used include Transition and Transformation, Change Management, Portfolio Assessment and Management; SDLC process assessments and planning, Test Planning and evaluation, Center of Excellence creation, Risk Management and Mitigation, Project Audits, and Critical Situation Management.
· Red and Green Team Audit Lead – Performed and evaluated in progress projects for compliance with IBM methodologies and Cost to Forecast Tolerances, and Risk Management Controls. Supplied corrective actions, set time lines and provided executive reporting.
· SDLC Assessment Lead – Perform organizational, process and method assessment of government run offices for systems development and strategic planning. Provide actionable recommendations for achievement of state of the art system development services, and sustainable continuous improvement.
· Sr. Advisor – Process and Methods – Provided guidance to project teams supporting business transformation portfolio for Software Group Technical Support business in IBM project methodology and software engineering best practices.
· Enablement Manager and Business Finance Coordinator – Provided communication, systems and financial executive support for management of worldwide organization. Architected method for organizational management of skills gap planning and education management.
· Manager of Support Tools Strategy – Set strategy and direction for creation of several advanced corporate systems, several high performing departments. Designed high performing virtual organizational team structure. Architected state of the art collaborative portal. Designed and built supporting hardware infrastructure environments
· Sr. Software Engineering Development Manager, Test Practice – Managed enterprise system performance testing applied research software development team. Defined experimental design strategies, and physical simulation testing methods. Designed organizational structure for diagnostic tool development, established pipeline for sustained tool creation.
· Emerging Technology Evangelist – Established groupware practice, designed organizational structure, Established worldwide groupware infrastructure, architected, built and deployed critical business applications
· Quality Systems Engineer – Performed ERP process research, documented and recorded supply chain master records, item masters, bills of materials and production schedule. Built and maintained project plans for project manager of MRPII implementation in corporate division. Taught roles and responsibilities curriculum to establish Material Management organization.
2009 – Current Strategy and Design Solutions, Tyngsborough, MA, USA
Principal Managing Partner, Founder
2006 –2009 IBM Global Business Services, Application Services, SEA&T Practice, Armonk, NY USA
Sr. Systems Engineer; Engagement Architect, Solution Architect, Business Development
1999 –2006 IBM Software Group, Westford, Massachusetts USA
Sr. Advisor – Process and Methods for eSupport, Manager of Support Tools Strategy, Worldwide Enablement Manager, Sr. Software Engineering Development Manager
1997 – 1999 Aspen Technology Inc., Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Manager of Groupware Systems, ERP Advisor
1995 – 1997 CGI Systems, Inc., Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Sr. Consultant, Lead Architect, Project Manager
1993 – 1995 Ziff-Davis Publishing, Medford, Massachusetts, USA
Application Developer, PC/LAN Support Engineer
1993 – 1998 Independent Contractor, Massachusetts, USA
Clients included: Polaroid, Hewlett Packard, US Air Force, Toxikon
R&D Research Scientist; Application Architect; Technical Trainer; Quality Assurance
1988 – 1993 DuPont, Medical Products division, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Quality Systems Specialist / Materials Management / Executive Program Assistant / Staff Chemist
1985 – 1987 National Marine Fisheries Service, Department of Commerce, Gloucester, Massachusetts, USA
Staff Research Chemist, Analytic and Organic Chemist, Environmental Researcher
1984 – 1985 Organic Chemistry Research Laboratory, Kingston, Rhode Island, USA